1. The Great Law
- Do a great piece of work and the rest will follow. One good thing leads to another.
2. The Law of Creation
- You have to put the work in to be good at anything. Keep creating. It never stops.
3. The Law of Humility
- Know the difference between great, good and bad work, some of your work is bad, fess up!
4. The Law of Growth
- Be a leader not a manager. Strive to be better, others will follow. Stop pushing from the back. Have some skin in the game.
5. The Law of Responsibility
- Take responsibility for what goes belly up. And then regularly prepare for mister cock-up, he is waiting around the corner for you to break rule 3.
6. The Law of Connection
- Remember you’re in a team. No one person creates a piece of work. If someone refers you to a new client they are part of what happens next and next and next. You stand on the shoulders of others.
7. The Law of Focus
- We sell or we die.
8. The Law of Giving and Hospitality
- Don’t be a dick. It’s that easy really.
9. The Law of Here and Now
- Yesterday’s work is fish and chip paper. Go again, it’s still nil nil really.
10. The Law of Change
- If your competitors are doing it, stop doing it. Turn 180 degrees. If you are facing the crowd, you’re facing the wrong way.
11. The Law of Patience and Reward
- Enjoy the ride, if you want to be good then you’re going to have to take the rough with the smooth. The greatest rewards come when you least expect them.
12. The Law of Significance and Inspiration
- Give your all and fail. The harder you work the luckier you’ll get.